From hot flushes and aching muscles, to brain fog and dry, itchy skin, menopause can be a challenging time. If you’re struggling with the symptoms of menopause, the good news is, help is at hand. Here are some essential products which have been specially selected to help you to live better with menopause.
1) Keep Cool with Menopause Kit
Characterised by sudden, intense flashes of heat followed by flushing of the skin and excessive sweating, hot flushes and their nocturnal equivalent, night sweats, can be uncomfortable, embarrassing and disruptive.
To help combat menopause hot flushes and night sweats, the Live Better With community recommend the Keep Cool With Menopause Kit, which contains a range of products specially designed to help you stay feeling cool and comfortable:
The Original Chillow
Using a cooling mat can help to soothe the symptoms of night sweats. The soothing cooling sensation of the Original Chillow® Cooling Pillow helps to reduce the intensity of hot flashes and night sweats to improve wellbeing and achieve a deeper, more restful sleep.The Chillow’s unique water-based system works by absorbing heat from the body so that you can feel cool and relaxed, rather than providing a cold surface that can be uncomfortable. It stays cool for hours at a time and also can be rolled up for easy transportation.
Gel Eye Mask
Wearing a cooling gel eye mask can help to reduce the symptoms of hot flushes and night sweats.
The eye mask can be used night or day to help relieve flushed skin and dry, hot eyes, as well as soothing those menopause headaches.
Physicool Rapid Cooling Mist
Whether you’re at home, in the office or out and about, using a cooling mist can offer instant relief when a hot flush strikes.
Physicool Rapid Cooling Mist effectively combats sudden heat, redness and flushing, and contains aloe vera to help calm and moisturise your skin. Simply spray Physicool across your face, chest or other affected areas for cooling relief that lasts up to an hour.
2) Maryon’s Boot Camp Kit
As you progress through menopause your body goes through some significant changes, and it’s important to make sure you have all the nutrients you need to help support you through the process.
Many women find that using natural supplements can help them to better manage their menopause symptoms.
Selected in conjunction with leading menopause health expert Maryon Stewart, Maryon’s Boot Camp Kit is an essential collection of vitamins and nutrients which is designed to help reduce side effects and support you through menopause and beyond. The kit includes:
- Fema 45+ tablets - with 28 essential nutrients, including vitamin B to help with energy levels, and magnesium, calcium and vitamins D and K, to help support healthy bones
- Pharma Nord Bio Fish Oil tablets - rich in Omega 3 essential fatty acids, the benefits include helping to support a healthy immune and cardiovascular system, maintaining brain (cognitive) function, and helping to combat dry skin
- Femmenessence MacaPause tablets - containing a unique blend of vitamins and nutrients, this product is clinically proven to reduce a wide range of menopause symptoms, including hot flushes and night sweats, low sex drive (libido), fatigue, problems with sleeping and mood swings
- Promensil Original tablets - this herbal supplements contains natural plant oestrogens (isoflavones) extracted from red clover, a popular choice for helping with the side effects of menopause, including hot flushes and night sweats
Please note: you should always consult a doctor before taking any supplement.
3) Muscle Ache Kit
Changing hormones during menopause can lead to significant problems with sore and aching joints and muscles. Our Muscle Ache Kit contains products which have been specially selected to help soothe away those aches and pains:
- Live Better With Muscle Balm - a soothing balm which contains natural essential oils to gently warm and loosen tense muscles
- Cotswold Lavender Bath Salts - soothing bath salts containing organic sea salt and lavender oil to help relax sore joints and muscles. Simply add to a warm bath, step in and relax!
- Fleecy Microwavable Lavender Wheat Wrap - a soft and cosy wrap containing natural flax and lavender seeds, which is comfortable to wear and releases healing warmth to help relax your aching joints and muscles, together with a soothing lavender aroma.
We could all do with a bit of magic in our lives, especially when it comes to the menopause!
Specially formulated to help cool the skin, Menomagic is an organic, paraben-free cream which contains a blend of essential oils, including peppermint for cooling, rose geranium for uplifting, clary sage for balancing and lavender for relaxation.
As well as helping with hot flushes and night sweats, this popular product - which has also featured in the national press - has also been shown to help with a range of other menopause symptoms, including anxiety and low mood, problems sleeping and dry, itchy skin.
5) Hot Beauty
During menopause, changing hormones can wreak havoc with our skin, making it feel dry, flaky, itchy and prone to spots and blemishes.
The Hot Beauty Collection was specifically designed to support women dealing with the physical and emotional effects of menopause. The collection is 100% natural and includes a range of skincare products formulated for menopausal skin, from refreshing face and body spritzes, to balancing moisturisers and gentle cleansing oils.
The Hot Beauty Morning Body Spritz is a lightly fragranced floral water containing rosemary, designed to give you a refreshing lift in the mornings. Meanwhile, the Hot Beauty Night Body Spritz offers effective relief from night sweats and its gentle rose fragrance has calming properties.
If your skin is dry, itchy or flaky, using a moisturiser or serum can help to nourish and protect it, and help to restore its natural balance. Hot Beauty Morning Serum is lightly fragranced and contains jojoba, to help balance the complexion, soy and evening primrose which contain plant sources of oestrogen, and hormone balancing geranium essential oil.
Meanwhile, for all over body moisturising, the Hot Beauty Shea Moisturising Mousse will leave your skin feeling soft and luxurious.
By Marian Trudgill
You can find a range of articles and guides on all aspects of the menopause, from hot flushes and night sweats, to dry skin and mood swings, here.
Do you have a favourite product that has helped get you through the menopause? Looking for information or advice? Why not join the Live Better With Menopause community forum.